This page provides descriptions of and pointers to our development releases of brickOS.
At this time we are working on:
We've just completed:
- Our next major release called brickos-1.0.0
- Universal Remote Control support
- Simple RCX to RCX messaging via IR
- Up to date API docs, HOWTO, etc.
- New third party sensor support - details soon
- Add USB IR Tower support for Linux NEW!
- More demo code/examples
- ...and more?...
- A tiny release called legOS-0.2.6.10.5
- See it's ChangeLog file
- USB Tower support for Linux scheduled for next tiny release
FeedbackWe are offering release candidates in order to get more testing against them than we can do by ourselves. This means that we need your testing results as soon as you can report them. Likewise our goal is to address what you are seeing as quickly as possible and get the next release candidate out. It is also useful for you to tell us it works for the platform and compiler tools you were using (of course, tell us what these are ;-)
Reporting what you find
- You need help with what you are seeing
- Simply post your reqest to legOS at LUGNET and many of us will have a chance to provide help.
- observations without fixes
- Simply post these to legOS at LUGNET as responses to the appropriate announcement post
- you've attempted the fix and here's the patch
- View and post Patches at brickOS project site Select "submit new" (when you get there) to submit a new patch
- you found a bug that doesn't appear to be related to this test release
- View and post Bugs at brickOS project site Select "submit new" (when you get there) to submit a new bug report
- you would like to file an enhancement request
- View and post Enhancement requests at brickOS project site Select "submit new" (when you get there) to submit a new enhancement request
Formal ReleasesThere are no releases of brickOS yet. We are working on the first brickOS-22.214.171.124 release.
Our latest brickOS early version 0.2.6.10.5 is available for testing. See: The brickOS project summary page for download
For details on brickOS at Sourceforge, try the brickOS development page.
For discussion on legOS/brickOS, try the newsgroup at LUGNET: lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos. This is definitely the best place to get questions answered ASAP.
This site generously hosted by